8 Great Summer Salads
1. Pear, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad .... This is a lovely combination of flavours and textures - sweet pears, tart blue cheese, creamy Avocado and crunchy toasted walnuts. Perfect elegant salad for a dinner party.
Pear, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad
2. Roast Pumpkin Feta and Chickpea Salad ..... A great way to make a mid-week meal interesting, this vibrant Roast pumpkin, chickpea and feta salad is also high in fibre. The Preserved Lemon Dressing gives a citrus zing to this family favourite.
Roast Pumpkin Feta and Chickpea Salad
3. Orange Pomegranate Avocado Salad .... Hooray for pomegranate season! I honestly think I love eating pomegranates on my salads more than anything else. This Orange Pomegranate Salad is the perfect easy holiday side dish. Layered with sweet pomegranate arils, avocados, fresh oranges, pecans and feta cheese.
Orange Pomegranate Salad
4. Fig, Rocket and Feta Salad .... Summer means delicious fruits like figs are in season. Try them out in this beautiful Fig, Rocket salad with creamy Feta cheese for a beautiful summertime side - perfect at barbecues.
Fig, Rocket and Feta Salad
5. Easy Summer Salads ... The Greek salad is known and loved around the world; use the ripest tomatoes, Greek olive oil, beautiful marinated Kalamata olives, creamy feta and lovely herbs, perfect!
1 Tomato diced
1 small continental cucumber peeled and diced
1 pieces Marinated Feta cut in half
10 Marinated black Olives
1/2 Spanish Onion sliced thinly
Olive oil to dress, seasoned with dried oregano and salt
6. Beetroot and Feta Salad ..... Prepare to have one of the best combinations for a salad – beetroot and feta cheese. Beetroots have this sweet flavour and it's perfectly balanced by the feta cheese – SO good!
Beetroot and Feta Salad
1tbs Olive oil
1 tsp of YIAH Beetroot dip mix.
50g baby spinach
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
75 grms Fetta, cubed
1/4 cup walnuts
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
Wash beetroot! Peel, cut into 1/4. (Take the easier option by buying ready cooked baby Beets in their juice)
Toss in Olive oil and salt to taste
Place on a baking tray.
Roast for 1 hour or until tender.
Cool for 15 minutes. Once cooled cube.
Meanwhile prepare remaining ingredients.
Combine spinach, onion, feta, Walnuts and beetroot in a bowl.
Toss to combine.
Place orange juice, oil and mustard in a screw-top jar.
Season with salt and pepper.
Shake to combine.
Add to beetroot mixture.
Toss to combine.
If you have YIAH Beetroot dip mix sprinkle over other wise use a mixed herb blend.
7. Watermelon and Feta Salad ...... This salad is jam packed with everything cheesy, salty, juicy sweet and more – sweet watermelon, creamy/salty feta and fresh mint.
Watermelon and Feta Salad
Hand full of mint leaves torn
Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
8. Rustic Chickpea Salad ..... I'm always a fan of chickpeas, both for their flavour, easy for provisioning on the boat and overall tummy filling satisfaction. No meat needed in this Rustic Chickpea Salad recipe. Chock full of summer goodness.
Rustic Chickpea Salad
1 small Lebanese cucumber peeled and thinly sliced with peeler to form ribbons
1/2 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
2 hard boiled eggs cut into 1/4
1 tbs of Sour Cream
Combine the dressing ingredient until smooth.